Η διαδρομή της Καλντέρας
Santorini: The Caldera TrailThe Fira to Oia Hike
Duration: 5 hours
- Admire breathtaking views over the volcano from different angles
- Walk along the rim of the beautiful caldera
- Follow the path that is considered by many to be the most beautiful hike in the world
- Watch the sunset from the top of a hill with a 360-degree view
With this hiking tour you get to walk along the rim of the beautiful caldera of Santorini and through the villages of Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli and Oia with plenty of chance to take photos of the breathtaking views. Along the way you pass through beautiful villages with the distinctive white-washed houses, stop at panoramic view points and pass by beautiful churches.
On the way from Fira you hike over the caldera and you pass in front of Skaros, a separate rock, where the first fortress was built on the island. Now you can see only what is left of it. Pass by Firostefani, the monastery of St. Nicholas, and the charming settlement of Imerovigli. Sweeping Mediterranean scenery surrounds you at every angle as you pass by the Prophet Elias chapels, where your group stops for a rest and enjoys a delicious picnic lunch featuring fresh fruit, a sesame bar and a fresh smoothie.
The terrain of the path varies: Some parts are paved sidewalk, some parts are cobblestone, other parts follow just a dirt track. The hike takes around 3 hours depending on walking pace and how many breaks you have.
What to bring
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- The length of the hiking trail is nearly 10kms (6.2 miles). There are some parts of cobblestone and some dirt paths
- Hiking experience is not needed
- The hike will take 3- to 3.5-hours depending on how fast you walk and how often you stop
- Including hotel pick-up and drop off the total time this activity will take is 5 hours
- You'll need to bring some good shoes, sun cream and a light jacket
SANTORINI HIKE MAP BY SANTORINIDAVE.COM